LOVE IS MURDER sent me this info, and I’m sharing it with you.
Love is Murder (LIMCON) is the Midwest’s premier and Chicagoland’s only
conference and convention for readers and writers of mystery, suspense,
romantic suspense, horror, thrillers, paranormal, and all other dark
fiction. Always the first weekend in February, you can find out more
and register at the Love is Murder website.
Love is Murder NPO, is also an independent, not-for-profit organization
that organizes an annual convention open to writers, readers,
educational groups and for-profit vendors. In addition, Love is Murder
NPO, provides an educational forum to writers and readers to further
their knowledge of writing, publishing, and the business of book
production. In addition to the annual convention, Love is Murder NPO
endeavors to sponsor other educational and/or writer focused programs
throughout the year.
We are committed to the following:
– Providing a showcase for first time authors to discuss their work
– Providing an environment where first time authors can mingle with,
learn from, and work alongside more experienced writers to better their
writing and their understanding of publishing.
– Providing an environment where experienced and published authors can
meet and discuss their work with other experienced and published
authors, with budding authors, and with readers of their work.
– Providing financial support for students wishing to learn about
writing and publishing through contributions to other organization who
support writing for youth.
– Providing financial support for students through competitive writing based scholarships.
– Providing a showcase for Midwest writers
– Providing a environment where non-writers interested in writing can meet with authors and learn about their craft.
– Promoting writing and authors
– Actively engaging in educat
ion activities related to writing and publishing.